Good News: Cancer Care is Getting Personal
We’ve all been touched by cancer in some way. While cancer will always be a frightening diagnosis, the good news is that cancer care is changing—it’s getting more personal.
Because of the ever increasing understanding of the molecular basis of cancer, more and more people are being treated with new therapies targeted at changes specific to their individual tumor.
In this section you will learn about:
- The relationship between DNA and cancer
- How molecular testing can provide valuable information about your cancer
- How the growing knowledge of cancer-related genes is helping to improve cancer treatment
- About Foundation Medicine’s comprehensive cancer genomics test
- Tips for talking with your doctor about how molecular testing can help you