- You can greatly reduce the risk of a hold on your order by:
- Completing the TRF online – it will alert you if an ABN is required based on the information provided
- Collecting any required ABNs before placing an order
- Review the NCD Requirements and keep on hand for easy reference
- Financial assistance may be available as an option for your patients
A small subset of Original Medicare1 patients may require an ABN for Foundation Medicine® testing. The decision tree below can help you determine whether you will need to send an ABN signed by your patient with your test order. Beginning on January 31, 2019, orders that require an ABN but are received without one will be held and not sent on for processing while we reach out to you for this required paperwork.
Please note that a Test Requisition Form (TRF) that is missing clinical or insurance information—which is required to determine the need for an ABN—may also experience a hold. Therefore,
it is critical that the TRF is complete.
1 Medicare administered by federal government.