A genomic profile is more than just a test. Our assays provide biomarker information to help match patients to approved targeted therapies, immunotherapies, and clinical trials — giving doctors and patients powerful actionable insights for navigating cancer care.
Uncovering More Options for Each Unique Cancer
Each cancer is unique and each tumor can vary at the molecular level. A single genomic test can reveal alterations in DNA that drive cancer growth to help identify personalized treatment options based on a tumor’s unique genomic profile.
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) is used to analyze cancer specimens for all four classes of genomic alterations (base substitutions, insertions and deletions, copy number alterations, and rearrangements) known to be relevant in solid tumors, sarcomas, and hematologic malignancies.
Getting a Foundation Medicine Test
- Physician and patient discuss testing options together.
- Physician orders the appropriate test.
- Physician collects a tissue, blood, or bone marrow sample from patient.
- Physician sends sample to the Foundation Medicine laboratory.
- Physician receives online and printed results typically within 2 weeks from receipt of sample at Foundation Medicine.
- Physician and patient discuss results and potential treatment options.
Compare Foundation Tests
Our Diagnostic Portfolio
- Biopsy Type
- Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB)*
- NSCLC, CRC, Melanoma, and other solid tumors
- Details →
- Lung, GI, Breast, and other solid tumors
- Peripheral Whole Blood
- Details →
- FoundationFocus™ CDx BRCA
- Details →
- Leukemias, lymphomas, or sarcomas
- FFPE, Peripheral Blood, Bone Marrow Aspirate
- Details →
Frequently Asked Questions
- What services does Foundation Medicine offer for biopharmaceutical companies?
- How can genomic data generated by Foundation Medicine assays be used for biomarker discovery?
- What are the specifications of Foundation Medicine’s FoundationCORE™ database?
- How do I contact someone in the biopharma group to discuss a project?
Are you a patient ready to talk to your doctor about genomic testing?
Bring our information guide and discussion questions:
Results & Reporting
Test results are provided directly to physicians in a report that highlights the genomic alterations in a patient’s cancer and includes information to help inform treatment decisions. Everything in the report is supported by up-to-date clinical findings and scientific research. Patients may request a copy of their report by contacting Client Services.
- Genomic Alterations
Information about identified genomic alterations of all types and interpretation of results.
List of available therapies relevant for the genomic alterations identified.
- Clinical Trials
Clinical trials that the patient may be eligible for and guidance for the physician on identifying additional trials in public databases.
Additional information such as the full list of genes assayed, variants of unknown significance, technical information, and references.
Online Patient Reports for Physicians
Our secure online portal is free for physicians and provides online test results and the opportunity to share treatment experiences with colleagues.
A patient with cancer should not have to worry about the affordability of testing or gaining access to trials. That’s why we offer the FoundationACCESS program to help address financial concerns, insurance claims, and facilitate access to clinical trials.
Financial Assistance Program
Our financial assistance program provides patients with the opportunity for comprehensive genomic profiling, regardless of financial status. We also offer direct support and guidance during each step of the billing process.
FoundationACCESS Trial Navigator
Our Trial Navigator program provides patients with dedicated concierge services to help improve access to clinical trials and minimize barriers to enrollment.